It’s that time of year again to partner with youth and determine a project for JOIN HANDS DAY (JHD), scheduled for May 4, 2013. JOIN HANDS DAY gives wfla members and volunteer organizations the opportunity to reach out to people they don’t know, to connect generations, and to develop new relationships. JHD is the only day on the national Seasons of Service calendar that targets and develops youth/adult relationships through neighborhood volunteering.
The many reasons to participate…
- You’ll help to improve your community.
- You’ll motivate both youth and adults to become more active in your lodge.
- You’ll increase teamwork, morale, and trust among your participants and boost retention.
- You’ll build relationships with other organizations and/or businesses.
- Volunteers will join you to work on specific causes of mutual interest or concern.
- Members of your community will learn about your society/organization and its good work.
- You’ll garner positive media attention for your lodge and the Association.
- Benefit for youth—learning the value of volunteering and personally making a difference in their own communities.
- It’s fun and rewarding!
If you want to know how to start a project, the JHD website:www.joinhandsday.org has a guide to assist you in organizing and planning a project from beginning to end.