June is “Fresh Fruits and Veggies Month”, so to celebrate, here are several recipes that will help put you and the kids in a festive fruit and veggie mood!
• 2 cups lemonade, homemade or store bought
• variety of fresh fruits (for the ones pictured, kiwi slices, sliced strawberries, and blueberries were used.)
• Popsicle molds
Place your combination of fruit into each popsicle mold. Pour lemonade into each mold, covering fruit and leaving 1/4 inch space at the top. Freeze for at least 5 hours, or better yet, overnight. Run warm water over mold to loosen before eating. Yields 6 popsicles. Enjoy!
Fresh Fruit-infused Water
• 1 large plastic or glass pitcher
• 1 gallon filtered water
• 2 cups chopped fresh fruit (add a variety of chopped fresh fruits such as nectarines, apples, berries, citrus, melon, kiwi, grapes or pineapple)
• Fresh herbs such as rosemary or fresh mint
1. Add the gallon of filtered water to the pitcher. Add the fresh fruit and herbs and mix well.
2. Allow the water to chill several hours to help the flavors blend.
Tip: This is great to keep on hand and sip throughout your day especially when you want something with flavor. Serves 8
German Cucumber Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
• 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 T white wine vinegar
• 4 oz. sour cream
• 1 tsp. sugar
• Fresh ground black pepper
• 2 T chopped fresh dill, or to taste
Place the sliced cucumbers and onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad mixture and toss to coat well. Chill at least 45 minutes before serving. Serves 4.